Reward/Compensation Manager/VP – Regional Transaction Banking – c. €90-105,000 + benefits + bonus
This leading global investment bank is seeking an experienced reward/compensation professional to provide strategic and operational delivery of reward support to their Regional Transaction Banking (RTB) division based in Frankfurt. The role will also be responsible for providing cross divisional support across their German country operations. This position offers responsibility, exposure and opportunity to an exceptional candidate. Operating in a highly matrixed environment, you will be a member of a truly market leading global reward function, working in virtual teams on a global basis.
The role is business facing, working closely with RTB management team members as well as advising senior managers on reward strategy and implementation as well as reward policy, governance, regulatory issues etc. The role will also work closely with HR colleagues, and leverage the support of MI analysis specialists to deliver key projects such as embedding a successful pay for performance culture across the firm.
Some key deliverables of the role include:
- Support Regional/Divisional Comp Committee in development and execution of global reward strategies.
- Oversight / preparation of compensation modeling and analysis
- Support HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and business clients in delivering year end compensation process.
- Engagement of relevant stakeholders to ensure HR and business adherence to corporate reward governance frameworks and full compliance with all related internal and external regulations.
- Oversee the annual job matching and compensation benchmarking process including liaison with HRBPs, and external market data providers and subsequent preparation of market data analysis for internal clients.
- Promote global and regional synergies in reward practice across the organisation.
- Provide technical advice on equity and deferred compensation plan rules, particularly with reference to year end annual awards and ad-hoc awards.
- Provide guidance on the Total Compensation package of new hires including salary, bonus and relevant benefits
- Contribute strategic input on the reward aspects of business acquisitions, divestitures, and internal re-organisations
- Review and approve the calculation of equity buy-outs, sign-ons, and retention awards.
- Support delivery of reward and/or HR cross-product projects as required.
- Ability to identify issues that require other specialist input e.g. Finance, Tax, Legal etc
The successful applicant will need to have significant technical reward experience and excellent relationship building skills together with the communication skills and credibility to successfully influence senior management. Strong data/advanced Excel skills are required as is experience of working in a global/matrixed environment. Evidence of strategic thinking and strong delivery focus are required. Prior financial services experience is preferred though not essential. Prior experience of working in Germany is an advantage, though German language skills are not essential.
The organization offers a highly supportive and collaborative work environment with excellent career development opportunities, both within this function and beyond. The organization is known for the development and mobility of its HR function workforce and has a high retention rate and a strong reputation both with the business and within the industry as a result.